Each Friday I send out Etcetera, a newsletter for generalists. You can (and should) sign up below.
Each issue contains 5-10 links on a variety of topics—current and perennial interests include cities, environmentalism, technology, video games, music, science, culture, food, history and issues of representation and authenticity. Links are usually at the intersection of two (or ideally more) of these.
I tend to favour longer articles over shorter ones. I pair links with related reading from my bookmark archive to give extra depth or context to what’s being discussed.
You can read previous issues at the bottom of this page.
It’s free, you can unsubscribe at any time, and I won’t use your email address for anything else.
- Issue #11: Empire, Taxonomy, Pocahontas
- Issue #10: Pizza, Muons, Stop-Motion
- Issue #9: The Keynes, Rewilding, Horological Craftmanship
- Issue #8: Trees, Pasta, Death
- Issue #7: Coinage, Dundee United, Prince
- Issue #6: NFTs, subscriptions, sign language
- Issue #5: Tattoos, heroin, Facebook
- Issue #4: Generalists, nostalgia, the IndieWeb
- Issue #3: Mental health & representation in video games
- Issue #2: [brackets] and _italics_
- Issue #1: Birdwatch, crosswords, counterculture