- Passwords are often based on what’s important to us: GoT, D&D, Skyrim.
- Animals (even fictional) evoke memories of fun, positive experiences.
- We choose passwords when we’re young. 13-year-olds think dragons are cool.
It’s been a crash course in learning about self-confidence, self-love, tolerating both positive and negative feedback from strangers, knowing who you are, arguing from a position of wanting to help the world rather than out of narcissism.
How I think of my job is: I sit down and I’m lucky enough to read about interesting stuff all day, and to try and figure it out enough that I can tell other people about it.
They capped us on spending about one minute per post to decide whether it was spam and whether to remove the content … we would review an average of about 8,000 posts per day, so roughly about 1,000 posts per hour.
- Check for previous work
- Go upstream to the source
- Read laterally
- Circle back
- Realist recording: the sound of humans playing live in the same location at the same time.
- Hyperrealist: like reality, but better.
- Surrealist: music that can’t be played live in real time.
The Beatles’ career spanned the lot.