- 85g brown basmati rice, cooked in salted water and drained
- 400g tin flageolet beans (or other cooked pulse), drained
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 115g sweetcorn, drained
- a squeeze of tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- big pinch each salt and pepper
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined. Form into 4 burgers. Dust the sticky burgers with some brown flour on both sides then chill on a plate in the fridge for an hour or so.
Cook in a pan over a medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil for 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve in toasted buns with shredded crunchy lettuce, a slice of tomato and whatever sauces you like.
(I served these with sweet potato fries: cut up your sweet potatoes and toss well with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp polenta, and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp each of your favourite herbs and spices. I used smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper. Lay on a baking sheet and cook at 200°C for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.)