Whether your site is already popular, or you’ve begun to increase your traffic with SEO or PPC activities, you need to make sure that users can find and navigate through your content before completing the calls to action you have in place.
What is content strategy? It’s often thought of like this: content strategy is to copywriting as information architecture is to design. It’s about your pieces of content, the relationships between them, how they work as individual pieces and as a whole.
Some questions to ponder:
- When people visit your site, do they know where to go next?
- Does that blog post that they arrived on offer links to other interesting and relevant content?
- Does your navigation make sense?
- Are you using categories and tags to link things together?
- How are you and your team managing and developing your content?
- What content are you missing?
- What content do you have a surplus of?
- Ultimately: does it feel like your site is a single thing, designed to help your potential customers, or a collection of otherwise unrelated posts and pages?
My content strategy consultancy services look at the whole content lifecycle to help your site’s contribution to business success.
I can help you in areas such as:
- Creating personas and archetypes for your ideal customers to understand the content that is most valuable to them
- Mapping your existing content on to the awareness, evaluation and conversion stages of the marketing funnel
- Diagnosing content gaps where new pages, blog posts, white papers, infographics etc can help attract and retain users
- Organising your content into coherent and cohesive user journeys that drive user conversions
Intelligent investment in your content can provide excellent ROI. This is demonstrated in my thorough reporting and analytics services.