Chrys Wu has a comprehensive list of talks and resources from NICAR17—the conference for the (U.S.) National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting.
Some that jumped out at me as being particularly useful and/or interesting:
- Mining the Social Web by Lam Thuy Vo and Cathy Deng—accessing and using data from social networks
- Making data approachable for younger audiences by Ani Ucar and Rachel Schallom
- Using a charting tool by Stacy Jones and Grace Donnelly
- 30 of the latest and greatest data storytelling tools by Victor Hernandez
- Data GIFs by Lena Groeger (love this one!)